5 June, 2016
Gotu Cola (drink)
This is a cold drink made from a green herb named bai bua bok. This drink is sold in many street markets in Thailand and is believed to prevent cancer. Regardless of what you believe, it is a really refreshing drink with an interesting flavor.
- 1 bunch of bai bua bok (leaves and stalks)
- 8 ounces of water
- 2 tablespoons of white sugar
- Ice cubes
- Clean the leaves and stalks and put them in a blender.
- Add 4 ounces of water to the blender and blend the bai bua bok to a pulp.
- Sieve the pulp into a small bowl, squeezing out as much juice as you can. Set the juice aside. Discard the pulp.
- Boil 4 ounces of water in a saucepan and stir in the sugar. When the sugar is dissolved, add the juice and remove from heat.
- Leave too cool.
- Fill a big glass with ice cubes and pour the drink over the ice. Serve immediately!
About Bai bua bok – Centella asiatica
Bai bua bok (Centella asiatica) is a small herbaceous perennial plant native to wetlands in tropical Asia. It is used as a medicinal herb in Ayurvedic medicine and in traditional Chinese medicine. In English, the plant is known as Asian pennywort, Asiatic pennywort, Indian pennywort and Centella.